A girl can never have enough shoes in her wardrobe. Shoes are our weakness and we are guilty as charged. Shoes can make or break a look. The quote “Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world” is not theoretical. You do feel powerful and elegant with the right shoes on.
Shoes are as important to a women’s wardrobe as her clothes and if you call yourself fashionable, having just a single pair is not something that will keep you happy. A girl needs variety, right! You need everything ranging from Workwear to party-appropriate, weekend outings and something for vacations. Below is the list of “Must have” shoes in a women’s closet that we have compiled. From Work to Party, we have got it all sorted for you.
1. Black pumps – These are your everyday Work shoes. Opt for a heel height that you can walk in for hours without hurting your feet. The pointed toe looks more elegant compared to the round toe. They give an illusion of longer legs. This shoe style works well with Trousers, Skirts & Denims. So versatile, so chic. Take cues from VIctoria Beckham for rocking this shoe style forever.
2. Black sandals – Opt for a heel height that you are comfortable all day long. Thin straps are more flattering than thick straps. The thinner the strap, the better. These sandals are for days when you are bored of wearing the pumps and you are looking for a change. These are perfect for office parties as well as night outs.
3. White shoes– White is the color that screams luxury. It conveys that you have some good taste in fashion. Having a white pair of shoes just brings that right amount of richness to your wardrobe. You can either invest in a pair of white flats or heels. Match them with Basic blue Denim and a T-Shirt or black trousers. You can literally style them for work as well as for parties or casual events. They are going to be one of the most versatile pair of shoes in your wardrobe. Just remember to wipe them clean before stepping out because of filthy shoes, Naaah!
4. Loafers/ Flats – A girl needs to have at least one Flat shoes in her closet. These are your comfort wear, for days when you don’t want to handle a pair of heels. Opt for colors like Tan or a Shade of nude(Match with your skin tone). Muted shades of Red or Pink also work very well as these will go with the majority of your wardrobe pieces.
5. Sneakers – A pair of cute white sneakers are as important to a women’s wardrobe as her kajal. Perfect for creating Friday looks or for weekend outings. Pair them with a Skirt or Types of Denim or even Dresses and it works every time. Don’t be afraid to try sneakers with maxi dresses.
6. Vacation shoes – The list is incomplete without a pair for vacations when the sun is out and you want to show your manicured feet and that beautiful nail paint. We recommend a pair of strappy sandals are the best for holidays but if you not a big fan, open toe slides can also work for you. Opt for versatile colors like Tan or muted pink or White. There are no rules.